Help Cardiac Rehab and host a Summer Hearty Party
Hosting a Hearty Party is a great opportunity to have fun with friends and family while helping us raise much needed funds. You could host a tea party, or a drinks party or indeed any kind of party you like! Below are a few ideas to get you started.
or send a cheque to:
Basingstoke & Alton Cardiac Rehab Charity Ltd
Cardiac Rehab Centre
Chawton Park Road
You can download posters and invitations by clicking on the links, or of course you can create your own to match your party theme.
Don't forget to tell us how you got on, and why not share some photos with us on facebook!
Ideas for your party
Heart themed party
It doesn't have to be Valentine's day to have a heart theme. Make your party a real 'Hearty Party' with heart shaped balloons, decorations and foods.
Remember those tea parties you had a child, but never quite got around to hosting as an adult? Use your favourite charity as an excuse to get friends over and sipping a cuppa. Gather a variety of tea cups from a garage sale (just wash them well!) and serve things like finger sandwiches, scones with clotted cream, punch, cupcakes, and of course, tea.
Potluck world cuisine
Share the workload! Ask guests to bring foods from different regions and mix it up!
Paint the town red party
Our charity colour is red so why not make it the theme of your party. Think about red clothes, red food and drinks (either naturally or with safe food colouring), and decor that matches.
Serve our signature cocktail 'Hearty's Pomegranate Punch' and pass around easy-to-hold foods and nibbles.
When the weather's nice, it's hard to resist a meal served al fresco. Setting up the barbecue buffet-style lessens the workload and keeps everything casual - and placing outdoor-friendly games (lawn bowling, hula hooping) will not only keep guests entertained, but offer up a chance to win prizes.
Simple get together
However, sometimes it’s just nice to have a relaxed get together of friends, enjoy a drink a few nibbles and a chat - what a lovely reason to do this and raise funds for a very important cause serving the local community.
Here are just a few suggestions to help you raise as much as possible on the night!
- Hosting a large party? Post someone at the door to take donations as people arrive (Make sure you tell people what the party is in aid of on your invite and that you will be collecting donations)
- Have collection tins dotted around - perhaps specify a donation
- Ask for a donation with your RSVP
- Sell tickets
- Run a simple raffle or auction, either for prizes or promises
- Ask for a donation instead of a gift
- Organise a treasure hunt
- Run a quiz or a treasure hunt and ask people to pay to play and give a percentage of the money raised as a prize
- Set up forfeits and get guests to pay a small fine (could be a banned word or topic, an item of clothing, say anyone wearing a jumper etc). Multiple forfeits can keep people on their toes!
How to ask for money!
Some of the following phrases might be useful...
- Please let your generous donation to Cardiac Rehab be your only gifts to us.
- Your presence is your present. In lieu of all gifts, a contribution to Cardiac Rehab would be most generous, and greatly appreciated.
- If you do wish to bring a gift, please note we will be donating them to Cardiac Rehab
- No gifts please. Instead please share your generosity with Cardiac Rehab
- If you were thinking about purchasing a present, please consider donating those funds to Cardiac Rehab instead.
- We would like to honour this special occasion by having monetary gifts donated to Cardiac Rehab