Welcome to Alton Heart Support Club
- To provide support beyond the scope of the usual rehabilitation programs provided so ably by organisations such as the Basingstoke and Alton Cardiac Rehabilitation Charity.
- To achieve this objective, we offer a varied programme of social events and activities when it is easy for members to talk informally and share experiences with other heart patients.
- Such events include regular moderately paced walks which take place in beautiful Hampshire/Surrey countryside allowing both chatter and exercise and usually finish with a lunch in a country pub.
- Other events are organised throughout the year such as theatre/concert trips, skittles evenings, talks on topics ranging from medical issues to gardening etc.
- Through continued membership of the Club we are able to support patients and family long after treatment has finished. Some members treatment finished 20 years ago.
- We are affiliated to and support events organised by the Basingstoke and Alton Cardiac Rehabilitation Charity, such as street collections and sponsored walks and provide volunteers as required.
- We raise funds for specific items needed by the Basingstoke and Alton Cardiac Rehabilitation Charity.
- We are affiliated to the British Heart Foundation allowing members access to all the Foundation's publications and support.
- Come and join in the fun!!!